Can we stay in the student house we are living in for another year? +

Yes! Existing tenants always get first refusal on a house. Every year we write to each property asking if you want to stay the year after.

Who changes light bulbs? +

If you are unsure how to do this, please contact the office and we can arrange to do this for you.

How does the internet work? +

Our internet works off a wireless router, normally found under the stairs or in another communal area. The network name and password for your house will be written on top of the router. We only include an internet connection on houses of 3 bedrooms and above.

What is provided with the house? +

Our student houses are fully furnished. Along with the usual living room furniture, each house is provided with a hoover, microwave, kettle, toaster, iron and ironing board. Bedrooms will contain a bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk, and desk chair. Carpets or laminate flooring and curtains or blinds are provided throughout.

Is there a deposit or bond to pay? +

To keep your outlay to a minimum, we do not take a deposit. If we find any damages, particularly malicious damage, we would make a charge. We understand that the houses do get excessive use, however we take this into account and accept fair wear and tear.

Do you insure my possessions? +

We only insure our building and our contents. We advise all our tenants to take out personal possessions insurance. This is usually included under your parents’ policy.

Are Pets allowed? +

We have to take a very strict policy on no pets. Not only can they attract vermin, some of our staff are allergic to them. We cannot carry out any necessary maintenance work if pets are present.

Is the street I live on safe? +

Like any other major city, Hull does experience crime. The majority of thefts occur through unlocked doors or open windows. To minimise the risk of a burglary, we recommend locking your front door – even whilst the house is occupied; closing windows when you are out of the room; ensuring valuables are not on show; leaving at least one light on in an evening and setting your burglar alarm, if you have one fitted.

Can couples share rooms? +

Only one person can be in full time occupation of any room. It would not only be a breach of contract to have a permanent guest, but it is also against regulations.

What do I do if I lose my keys? +

Replacement keys and smart cards are available at a cost of £25 each. If you do lose your keys DO NOT attempt to force entry. Damaged caused by forced entry can be VERY costly.

Do you have an out of hours number? +

Yes. In the case of an emergency, please call 0777 3315247 and leave a message. Should you have a gas leak, please also call Transco on 0800 111 999 .

Can I smoke inside the property? +

All our student properties are strictly no smoking throughout. It is against regulations and in breach of the contract if you smoke or permit someone to smoke inside the property.

Is a Tv and Tv Licence included? +

Some student houses come with these features but not all, and not always together. Where they are included it is specifically written in the contract. If in doubt when signing for a house, please double check on the contract.

Are utility bills included? +

Many of our properties include gas, water and electricity charges; please ask when signing. We do not have a limit, however we do ask that you be sensible and have a fair usage policy.

What if I can't afford my rent? +

Our contract is with you and not the student loans company. We are a lot more understanding if you let us know your loan is going to be late in advance of the rent being due. The main problem occurs when people avoid making contact with us.


Sign up today

Keep up to date with the latest news at Accommodation Warehouse. Simply fill out your contact details below!